Perks of travelling with my family - Hong Kong





Hong Kong . August . 2015

A major throwback post because I have not had time to sort photos since the start of the school term. Not that I have time now, but because today is a relatively unproductive day so I decided to blog about this trip! From the title, you can guess that this post is not about Hong Kong per se.

I can safely say that family has always been avid travellers. In our own ways and preferences, all of us have the common love of going for holiday adventures. Its hard to list down all the places that we've been to together, but photos have always been great in helping us remember our trips:) On a side note, this post is why I like to travel with my family, not descriptive of families in general. Here are a few reasons why I love to travel with my family:



1. My dad loves planning for holidays, down to the details.

This is great, considering the fact that all of us, even my parents, absolutely hate travelling with tour groups. Perhaps due to our leisurely ways, we do not like to be rushed around nor pay unnecessary visits to factories targeted at tourists (jade, royal jelly, pearl, tea, you know it). Apart from that, my dad loves taking up the role of tour guide and will always find the best deals, hotels, flights, entrance tickets --without compromising on quality. Hence, our trips are usually happy and worthwhile:) Although I do like the feeling of planning for my own trips, it is definitely less nerve-wracking to tag along on holidays!













2. Taking public transport

Somehow all of us love the feeling of taking public transport overseas. Maybe less for my parents because of age, but it feels closer to the 'culture' that way. In Hong Kong, once you arrive at the airport, you will be able to get a tourist travel pass, inclusive of a 2-way Airport Express trip, and unlimited rides for 3 days. Highly recommended for travellers planning a short trip to HK!



 






3. Same food preferences

Many friends have commented on how clean I eat and also that I eat literally everything! Hahaha, yes, I was brought up that way, to finish everything on my plate. It gets on my nerves when I see people leaving a spoonful of food behind. Also, being brought up in the same household has its perks because none of us are picky eaters. We can literally go anywhere in the world and survive because of our inclination to trying new and local cuisines. This is very convenient because considering where to eat becomes something fun . Nevertheless, we do have different cravings at times, and conflict do arise when deciding what to eat. Also, as do most Singaporeans, we love food, so they are definitely the highlight of our trips!!



















4. Going non mainstream places, doing non mainstream things

We do like to go to mainstream touristy places, but sometimes we plan as we go and will coincidentally find ourselves in interesting places out of the tourist radar. For example, not many know about the longest escalator ride in the heart of HK city:) Also, my love for thrill activities also derive from my family trips. We have conquered extreme roller coasters in the States, Sky dived, sand boarded and guard-bking in the sandy deserts of Sydney and white water rafting in Chang Mai. I hope the list will continue to increase as I aim to do bungee jump soon!











5. Four females in the family equals to more time shopping and more photos!










Comments

  1. Chilibeanz PootybuttsFri Sept 25, 07:41:00 pm

    Family is amazing! Keep enjoying life!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts