Student Exchange Program Application

The purpose of this blog is to help others who are embarking on SEP in future in administrative matters as well as a record of my Korea-bounded experiences. #seoulfreesophie

Around September, Overseas Programmes Application Systems (OPAS) will send out application information via nus email. FASS application opening was quite late in September compared to my peers in Science and Business. So not to worry!


TIP: do homework about your Major modules offered at least a month before application opens. Especially for exchange to Korea, where modules taught in English are very selective:/ To check what modules are offered, go directly to their website!

Note that you DO NOT have to map your modules seriously at this point. This has caused a lot of confusion among applicants. You would only need to state a list of possible modules to take, with their possible mapping code to that in NUS. This is just to give the school a brief overview. Use dummy codes if you do not know what to map to. For e.g psychology modules use PL37XX. We are not allowed to take Level 4000 honours modules.

In addition, you will also need a personal statement. Maximum characters 500. Plan your draft before logging in. There is no 'auto save' after exceeding the time limit. On a side note, you may wish to save this personal statement for future use in Statement of Purpose needed by the partner university.

For the selection procedures, specifically for FASS, you will be notified near mid to end of December in different batches.

Good luck:)

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing your experiences here! Would just like to ask more about the study plan. Where did you take reference from for the modules available for mapping for your exchange semester? Was it the semester a year before your exchange semester or a compilation of the semesters before? Am a Psych major as well and having problems with looking for modules for my alternative university choices (SNU & Yonsei) though I hope I would be able to get my preferred choice of KU which has the most Psych mods in English for 2016 Fall Semester (intending to go on 2017 Fall Semester).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I had the same problem as you too as Yonsei and SNU offered very few psych mods in English. For KU module mapping, I looked at the past 4-5 semesters and made a list of modules offered for the Fall semesters. Usually will offer 2 to 3 English modules per semester. I came up with a list of up to 9 English modules (to play very safe) for the application. Hope this helps!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear author, thank you very much for such a helpful article. I have read it from the very beginning to the end and have found many useful tips for me. Earlier I have used only personal statement for undergraduate exchange program and I would like to say, that it is also very helpful for me and I think that it can help to someone else as well, who did not know about such a service before. And in general it would be good to see more of the articles like this one, because it will really help to me in my work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts