The Epic Story of Isaac Residence and the Fortunate Escape to NewGen Goshitel


So after moving in to Isaac Residence for one month, I can only say I applaud my tolerance. The place is old, dirty and lacks facilities. The corridor looked like workers quarters.

We were given the wrong impression that there were individual aircon units, but turned out to be only a central blower and air con had to seep through the vent on our doors in order torus to feel it.

Also, aircon was not switched on 24/7, only one hour in the morning, one hour in the afternoon and one hour at night. Sometimes it was even less than an hour. Everyone had to open their doors every time in order not to die from suffocation.


The air conditioning was bad, but the kitchen was worse! From the picture, you can see what I mean. Super rundown and dirty and it reeks of decaying food odour. Every time I step into the kitchen, I lose half my appetite. Once, I even spotted a cockroach!!

Apparently, the ahjuma in charge of maintenance was lazing around watching TV or shopping at daiso instead of cleaning up the place!


Look at the difference from the image I took from the website!


Hence, with these dissatisfactions, me and hn decided to complain to the manager James Han. His email promised that he will look into the matters, just as the first time we complained on the first week. All empty promises.

The next night, we saw him in the office and wanted to talk it out face-to-face. We complained about the air con and the kitchen condition. He scolded us in his broken English 'Why are you two so selfish, not thinking about the others, only about yourselves. They feel cold at night. Only you two, sophie and hn, complain.' 

I replied 'you try staying upstairs yourself, it is crazy!'

We threatened in our email that if he did not on the air con 24/7, we will not pay rent for the next month. Then he shouted at us ' If you continue stay, we will make improvements. If you not pay next month's rent, THEN GET OUT. BOTH OF YOU, OUT!' 

Both of us were so shocked. We freaking paid him and not only did we get what we paid for, we were shouted at so rudely. That was my last straw. We were moving out. Hence, we headed back to our rooms and packed our bags. The following morning, we went goshitel hopping and managed to find new accommodation at New Gen Goshitel!:)


Details of that jerk: 
Jameshan17@hanmail.net
http://jameshouse.nayana.kr/introduce.html

After moving the following day, we received this threat mail, or so it seems. He tried to scare us using capital letters, red, bold, underlined words. Oh well, god will punish him first! We did nothing wrong.
 



After these unfortunate events, we can gladly say we found a better home for the next 3 months plus! The corridor itself looks so much cleaner and newer.


My new room! Everything is so new, clean and well-equipped! Even room has an individual router for internet, cable tv, fridge, air con and heating:) Yes, and I finally have blinds for my windows!


Private toilet in my room:)


My craftholics look happy too! Honestly, this looks better than my room at home:)


So much shelf space available!


After unpacking, I can finally call this my home:) Got all these better facilities etc for just 50,000krw ($55) more per month. This room cost 470, 000krw but since all three of us moved in, I had a discounted rate of 450,000krw. Totally worth it! Only regret is that we should have moved earlier!


Problem with this place is that it does not have a website, hence all bookings have to be done in person when you are already in Korea. 

New Gen Goshitel
뉴젠고시텔
(02) 929-8717


Comments

  1. Thank you for your review! I almost reserve this Goshiwon. The image from the website and from your's is very different! I hope I could look for better Goshiwon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're welcome! hope this was of help to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The New Gen Goshitel sounds really promising. How many minutes would I need to get to the Korea University (Business School)? I'll be studying there for the fall semester. Do you think I can call them and reserve a room or do I really need to be there in person? There are tons of Goshitels and I don't know which one is the best. All the pictures on the websites look good, but your post kind of shows me that it can totally look different T.T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is about 15mins walk to the biz building as it located at the other end of the campus. but still, i would recommend you stay at Anam street as it where all the buzz is. Also, I do not think they have a number, will have to ask your local korean friends to help, and also the goshitel owner only knows Korean, so knowing some basics will be good.

      Delete
  4. I am looking for a place for couple. Did they let couple stay in one room? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they have a couple room. The biggest room there came with a super single sized bed. You can probably check out Rachel Goshitel, which is also along Anam. They have a couple room if I am not mistaken.

      Delete
  5. Hello! I was wondering, does the manager speak English at New Gen? Or can understand at least a bit of English or do I need to be accompanied by someone? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In what imaginary billionaire world do you live in?
    "I even saw a cockroach OMG!!!"
    Listen to yourself...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, can I check about the cleanliness at NewGen? Do you have to clean the toilet often since it's a private toilet in your room?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts