Post SEP woes

Sitting in front of the frontier at the Science faculty, it strikes me that the journey, which very much felt like a good long dream, has finally come to an end. All good things must come to an end, they say. Why is it that parts of me still drift back to the good moments of the past? Sometimes, I kind of wonder if I painted the 'goodness' of the entire experience up just because of the conditions of reality now.

View from my window:)
The heat is one thing that is REALLY getting at me. The nagging humidity, stickiness and also the constant need to bath, something that I have slowly forgotten due the transition of seasons while in Korea. Back then as temperatures dipped below zero, I always feel refreshed throughout the day, and naturally my complexion improved too. Which I am really pleased about! Now, I feel like I'm soaked in a hot steamy bath wherever I walked, with this layer of god-knows-what on my face… yuckk.. and I don't know if its my imagination or what, but I feel my complexion worsening again..

Another thing is that I'm starting to feel more for coffee joints in Singapore, like Starbucks etc. Probably due to me missing the days where I can just pop into any cafe and use my laptop (free wifi) as long as I like. Which, of course, I don't have liberty to in Singapore. Nostalgic.

At Mouse rabbit cafe:)

Recently I headed to town and I realised that I have become ultra sensitive to Koreans walking around. Sort of like a radar to spot Koreans! Their dressing and language naturally attracts my attention and I silently keep count of how many I've seen in the day (6 bunch of them to be precise). Also, in comparison, Singaporeans really do not care about their image. Makeup for one is definitely not a must (unlike in Korea), nor is plastic. Maybe cos of the weather? I don't know! Dressing here is also… so sloppy in comparison, which makes everyone look younger but I kind of feel ashamed for singaporeans though. No offence, just an opinion. Granted, personality wise, Singaporeans are more good-natured, for sure! At least they have the courtesy to not push or intrude into your private space!

In the subway

Everything I do, I have the tendency to relate back. For example, at the supermarket in Singapore, the cashier packs and provides plastic bags. This was something that I had taken for granted till my time in Korea, where the cashier just scan and throw your things at the packing area. Also, ordering my 'Cafe Latte' no longer had to be in that weird korean-english mix accent. Asking for directions or ordering food is no longer nerve-wrecking! Through these five months, the language barrier has been both a learning opportunity as well and a freaking burden.


Listening to Korean songs out of nowhere like shopping malls etc, or watching Korea shows on TV gets me excited too LOL, not like I'm really into the culture whatsoever. Worse, I thought I would be craving Singaporean food so much that I will shun Korean food for at least a month? I ate it on my send day home! Since when did I become so obsessed with kimchi?! Omoo..

Random, but I'm kind of glad I no longer have to face huge crowds of people brushing teeth after lunchtime in the toilet. Don't they know brushing teeth too often is bad for their teeth?!

First meal in Korea!



Comments

Popular Posts